Cerec Porcelain Fillings
Natural looking, secure, and biocompatible fillings in just one visit!
CEREC® porcelain fillings are a quick, simple solution to broken and damaged teeth. In the past, treatment of chipped or missing teeth would require numerous visits to the dentist.
Thanks to the best cosmetic dentistry in Melbourne, you can now avoid the surgery of the past and optimise your smile over a long lunch break.
CEREC® is the restoration method of choice for the best cosmetic dentists in Melbourne because of the wide assortment of
benefits over traditional methods
The benefits of CEREC® restorations
- Aesthetic superiority – replacement teeth made from porcelain are far more natural in appearance than composite-resin or amalgam fillings
- Greater strength – stronger replacements last longer
- Just one visit – no need for multiple appointments
- No need for multiple local anaesthetics
- Fewer fillings – traditional fillings require interim fillings while waiting for off-site crafting
- Conservation of your healthy tooth structure – CEREC® replacements are an ideal substitute for composite-resin fillings or full-coverage crowns; processes that may require excessive removal of healthy tooth structure.
Custom-made fillings in 5 easy steps
Our cosmetic dentists choose CEREC® fillings for teeth restorations because of the state-of-the-art technology and convenience for patients.
The manufacturing of your replacements is now handled completely in-house at Smile Solutions with sophisticated computer-aided milling processes that smaller practices cannot afford.
Your steps to a new smile:
- We start with the removal of decayed tooth structure and old filling material, typically by dental laser.
- A handheld blue-light camera is used to create a 3D image of the tooth.
- Our specially-trained, experienced dentists design your tooth in front of you using the 3D image of the tooth.
- The CEREC® milling machine then generates a porcelain restoration from a colour-matched ceramic block.
- Finally, the milled restoration is bonded directly to your tooth, creating a durable, aesthetically pleasing result in less than one hour.